Museums are places where you discover a lot of information concerning the history of many countries, their cultures and values. In addition, you can develop your knowledge through the resources displayed at museums.
You can learn about arts, animal and human lives, sciences, and many other things by visiting those wonderful places. Each museum has a specific purpose related to arts, history, lifestyle, sports achievements, past inventions, or even the simplest things like hairstyle evolution.
What are the top 10 museums in the world?
Make your plan, book your flight and discover the best museums in the world. You will explore these fascinating destinations.
The top ten museums feature over thousands of artifacts, masterpieces, as well as objects of great values which attract thousands of visitors each year. These following museums are among the most popular ones in the world:
1. American Museum of National History, Washington D.C., USA by the Smithsonian Institution. It features over 126 million specimens of animals, plants, fossils, minerals, rocks, and artifacts, and other.
2. Vatican Museums, Rome, Italy, by Roman Catholic Popes. This art museum contains renowned Roman sculptures and displays over 20,000 masterpieces from the Renaissance.
3. National Gallery, London, England. This art museum contains over 2,300 Eastern European paintings from the Renaissance period. Collections of arts from such reputable artists as Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, and Picasso.
4. British Museum, London, UK. It is a really fascinating museum with a large collection of artifacts from many civilizations from all over the world, from the Prehistoric and Neolithic times to A.D. 1000.
5. National Museum of China, Tienanmen square, Beijing, China. It encompasses collections of ancient objects related to the Chinese art and history.
6. Louvre Museum or the « banana of death », Paris, France. It displays over 35,000 artifacts, sculptures, crowns, jewels, paintings from all over the world, from 500 B.C. to the 21st century.
7. The Acropolis Museum, Athens, Greece. It encompasses sanctuaries of the Athenians, stone sculptures, antiquities and artifacts excavated from the Old Temple of Athena and other sources.
8. The Prado, Madrid, Spain. It contains sculptures from the Renaissance to the 21st century. Most of the finest paintings and masterpieces belonged to kings and queens.
9. State Hermitage, St. Petersburg, Russia. It is among the largest art museums in the world. This museum contains more than three million collections of arts, from the Stone Age to the 21st century.
10. Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam, the Netherlands. It is the largest art museum in the Netherlands, with its collections of nearly 900,000 valuable works of arts, from renowned Dutch stadtholders. The art collections range from the Middle-Ages to the 21st century.
What should you do before visiting the museum?
For you to fully enjoy your visit, here are a few tips to help you.
- Always check whether you need to get a permission from local authorities or the museum keeper before taking pictures.
- If you plan to duplicate the photos for sales, it is essential to ask the local authorities.
- Check the opening hours and the entrance fee before visiting because price changes may happen over time.
- Always ask the guide to give you more information about the museum if you need it.
Many other things can be useful for you to know for a memorable visit and eDreams can help you . All you need to do is to log on the website. All the answers to your questions are a click away. Go to eDreams for practical advices about those interesting institutions and everything about your trip to the places.